1 What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that generates information that is saved on a computer, tablet or mobile device when the user browses the Internet so that the electronic device can subsequently be recognised on the same website. Our cookies installed on our website, as well as those of our trading partners and other parties, do not personally recognise individuals, only the electronic device that they use. Cookies do not damage the device in any way; they just allow access to various important functions of the website. For example, they allow you to make bookings and to return to pages that you have previously searched for. They are also used to keep the website safe, to remember your preferences and to personalise the website's content to make it more relevant to you.
2. Our cookies policy
You must accept cookies in order to make full use of this website, as well as of your computer, tablet or mobile device when you browse the Internet, as many online functionalities have been specifically designed to function using cookies. It should be emphasised that the cookies installed by this website do not save any of your personal information or sensitive data (like your name, address or payment details).
To ensure that the information about cookies is as clear as possible, we have split it up into the following 5 categories:
These allow you to move around the website and to use its functions (for example, to access secure areas of the website). Without these cookies, we are not able to provide you with the services that you have requested (such as the use of shopping baskets or access to your orders). Fundamental cookies are the only category that you do not need to accept in order to use our website. You can find further information about what happens if you do not allow the installation of cookies in the corresponding section at the end of this policy.
Below can be found a list of the main "fundamental cookies" used, along with an explanation about what they are used for:
• FuerteHoteles: allows visitors to be controlled and remembered. FuerteHoteles cookies are only used with users who are connected to the system and with users who make comments. They allow functionalities related to requests and purchases of products and services through web pages.
These collect statistical information about how the website is used (such as the pages that are visited most often and whether error messages are generated by the web pages). The aggregated information from these cookies will only be used to improve the functioning of the website.
Many of these cookies are third party cookies. However, below can be found a list of the main "performance cookies" that are used, along with explanations of what they are used for:
• Google Analytics: allows an anonymous user ID to be created, which can be used to keep track of the number of times a user visits a website. It also logs the first and last times that the website is visited. Finally, it calculates when sessions are closed, the user origin and the keywords used. In short, it monitors traffic, visits and purchases, etc.
• Google Adwords: these allow ads related to e-commerce on the website to be monitored.
• Ict.infinity-tracking.net: allows ads related to e-commerce on the website to be monitored.
• Google Optimizer: allows for improvements to website performance.
• Adserver: used to monitor advertisements.
These remember the options that you have chosen on the website (such as the different searches performed) and provide better and more personalised functions. They can also be used to provide services that you have requested (such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog). This cookies cannot tell you how to browse, or to use other websites; they are only on this website.
Below can be found a list of the main "functionality cookies", along with an explanation about what they are used for:
- FuerteHoteles: functionalities linked to requests or purchases of services or products on web pages.
Allow advertising that is most relevant to you and your interests to be displayed. Also used to limit the number of times that you view an ad and help to measure the efficiency of an advertising campaign. These are normally third party cookies, so please see the following section for more details about them.
These are not installed by us. Instead, as suggested by their name, they are installed by third parties through their programs and functionalities. For example, if you click on a third party ad displayed on the website (for example, advertising a product that we do not sell ourselves), this third party may install cookies on your device. We have a commercial relationship with these third parties, but we do not install the cookies on your device. Therefore, we suggest that you visit these third party websites to obtain more information about the cookies that they install and how you can manage them.
Some of these third parties that may install cookies on your computer include:
• Google Analytics: allows an anonymous user ID to be created, which can be used to keep track of the number of times a user visits a website. It also logs the first and last times that the website is visited. Finally, it calculates when sessions are closed, the user origin and the keywords used. It monitors traffic, visits, purchases, etc.
• Google Adwords: allows ads related to e-commerce on the website to be monitored
• Ict.infinity-tracking.net: allows ads related to e-commerce on the website to be monitored
• Google Optimizer: allows for improvements to website performance.
• Adserver: used to monitor ads.
3. Cookie management
What happens if I don't allow the installation of cookies?
If you do not activate cookies on your computer, tablet or mobile device, your website experience may be limited. For example, you may not be able to browse fully and freely, add products to your shopping basket or purchase them.
How do I deactivate/activate cookies?
You can activate/deactivate cookies on your device through your Internet browser. Below can be found some information about how to manage cookies on your computer using the major browsers. If you would like information about how to manage cookies on your tablet and/or mobile telephone, please consult your user manual or online help files.
• Under the settings menu, click on "show advanced settings" at the bottom of the screen
• Click on the "content settings" button under the privacy section
• The section shown at the top of the page give you information about cookies and allows you to decide which cookies you want. It also allows you to delete any cookies stored at that time.
• Under the Tools menu, click on "Options"
• Click on the privacy tab in the options window
• Select "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu. This displays the cookies options and you can choose to activate or deactivate them by marking the corresponding check box.
Internet Explorer 6+
• Under the Tools menu, click on "Internet Options"
• Click on the Privacy tab
• You will see a privacy settings slide bar with six positions, which allows you to control the number of cookies that will be installed: Block all cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Medium low, Low and Accept all cookies.
• Select the "Preferences" option from the settings menu
• Open the privacy tab
• Select your desired option from the "block cookies" section
All other browsers
If you would like information about how to manage cookies in other browsers, please see their documentation or online help files.
How do I deactivate/activate third party cookies?
As previously mentioned, we do not install third party cookies. Therefore, you will have to look at these third party websites to obtain more information about the cookies that they install and how you can manage them.