The best food options
Grazalema - Tapas - Restaurants
Grazalema (5 min by car and 30 min by foot)
Grazalema offers a wide variety of specialties for lovers of the traditional flavours of the hills thanks to the quality of its products.
Payoyo cheese: Made with payoya goats’ milk, it is one of the main ingredients in tapas dishes due to its exquisite flavour and delicate texture.
Grazalema Soup: Made from a base of stock from stew mixed with the intense flavour of chorizo and the subtleness of mint.
Meats: Oven-cooked lamb and venison in sauce are the main dishes.
Confectionery: Acorn tart, amarguillos (made with almonds) and the famous cubiletes (filled with sweet pumpkin jam) are the most typical pastries from Grazalema.
Tapas: Grazalema is an ideal place for one of the most typical gastronomical traditions in Spain: going out for tapas. Below are a few recommendations:
- La Posadilla (5 min by car): Homemade food where you can try tapas and main courses without forgetting the picadillo soup (chicken and vegetable) in winter and the gazpacho in summer.
- Zulema (5 min by car): Charming tapas bar where as well as good food they also serve drinks.
- Kiboca (5 min by car): Known for its tapas and hamburgers, washed down with an exquisite local wine or a good beer.
- Rumores (5 min in car): A very well known bar on tapas routes for its quality and variety.
Restaurants: With regards to the best restaurants we can highlight:
- El Simancón (5 min by car): El Mesón El Simancón offers typical food from the Sierra in a rustic setting.
- Torreón (5 min by car): A restaurant which specialises in game and which stocks good wines.
- Casa de las Piedras (5 min by car): Restaurant serving traditional dishes.
- Cádiz El Chico (5 min by car): This restaurant offers dishes such as lamb or venison cooked in a wood-fired oven and Grazalema soup (with chorizo and boiled egg).
- Villaluenga del Rosario (11 min by car)
La Posada de Ana
- Benaocaz (16 min by car)
- Ubrique (23 min by car)
- Ronda (30 min by car)
Sol y Sombra