One day tours
There’s more to the Costa del Sol than sun, sea and sand. If you can tear yourself away from your hotel’s luxuries, the beaches or golf course, you have the opportunity to explore some highlights of the Mediterranean.
Malaga: 50 minutes
Malaga is the capital of the Costa del Sol. Apart from its famous beaches must-visit places include:
- Picasso and Thyssen museums
- House where Picasso was born
- Roman theatre and Alcazaba, an medieval fortified palace
- The Old Quarter with quaint lanes full of shops
Gibraltar: 1 hour 15 minutes
Gibraltar is a British territory nestling on the peninsula which separates the Mediterranean Sea from the Atlantic Ocean. Popular attractions include:
- The Rock of Gibraltar and its colony of Barbary apes
- VAT-free shopping including top British brands
- Great Siege Tunnels dating from the 18th century
Please note you will need a passport for this day trip.
Granada: 2 hours
Granada is one Spain’s most historic cities, with outstanding architecture. Granada’s highlights include:
- La Alhambra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the famous medieval palace and fortress
- Colourful Albaicín and Sacromonte areas
- Renaissance cathedral
Cordoba: 2 hours 20 minutes
Cordoba is a city with ancient roots, which was once the capital of the Islamic Caliphate. Some of Cordoba’s most popular sights are:
- The Great Mosque of Cordoba, a medieval mosque now converted to a cathedral
- The Old Quarter, the second largest in Europe
- Roman ruins including a temple, theatre, forum and palace
Tangiers, Morocco: 1 hour 25 minutes to Tarifa, then 1 hour by ferry
Just 14km of sea separates Spain from north Africa at its narrowest point, making it possible to take a day trip to experience the cultural and culinary delights of Morocco. Highlights of Tangiers include:
- The Casbah, a historic area full of shops
- The Medina, the cities’ old town, ideal for shopping
- The American Legation, an art gallery and museum
You will need a passport for this day trip.
- Personal service.
- Exclusive services.
- The best rooms at the hotel.
Fuerte Hotels Newsletter
Receive all the latest news from Fuerte Hoteles